I know you’ve been hearing about free keyword research tools for a while now, but the truth is that they are essential.
Keywords can tell you what to write about on your blog or site – and can even help with SEO if used correctly.
Recently, Google has made significant changes in how it indexes content and provides search results.
This means that keyword research will be essential than ever before!
The good news is that there are many free tools available to help with keyword research in 2021 (and beyond).
3x Ways to use free keyword research tools correctly
There are three different ways to do keyword research and for free.
The first is through Moz’s Keyword Explorer tool, which allows you to find keywords by category or search engine cost-per-click estimator as Google AdWords does! , you can also use this tool as your SEO audit of blogs that have been written on a specific topic.
This will help you see what people might be searching for when looking up information about the subject matter at hand.
So it’ll give some insight into how they think about things in general online – perfect if you’re writing content aimed towards them (which we always recommend!)
Another option would be using an old favorite: Yahoo Search Suggestions since they still work with non-Yahoo.
Top free keyword research tools of 2021
Free keyword research tools help beginners and SEO professionals identify their target audience’s words or phrases in top search engines.
There are countless tools available for researching keywords, but most of them need a paid subscription.
While subscriptions vary in price and there may be discounts, most of these research tools are too expensive to put in place as part of an everyday campaign.
Below is a list of “Top Keyword Research Tools” as good as paid tools. Besides, the list contains popular features and website links.
1. UberSuggest: Free Keyword Research Tool
UberSuggest is a free web-based tool that will help you find more than 100 longtail keywords in a few minutes. Besides, this tool provides complete insights related to websites and organic keyword traffic.
- This tool provides a comprehensive SEO report for the competitor, which includes their rankings on keywords.
- You can discover organic keywords using other websites.
- UberSuggest helps you identify sources of backlinks that have the most significant impact on your website rankings.
- You can view the search volume, competition, and seasonal trends for every keyword.
- The website provides search suggestions based on other people’s search queries.
- This tool is a helpful guide to ensure that your content will be up-to-date with popular trends.
2. Answer the Public: Free Keyword Research Tool
The Answer the Public keyword generator helps you find keywords to include in your campaign report.
- It can find approximately 1500 keywords associated with PR worldwide.
- This tool offers complete visualization of the data.
- When you enter a word into the search textbox, this application will provide content suggestions.
- It supports many languages, including English, Polish, etc.
3. Soovle: Free Keyword Research Tool
Soovle is a tool that provides suggestion services for Bing, Google, Amazon, and Yahoo. It suggests trending keywords in alphabetical order. Capturing your keyword suggestions in a field allows you to save and reuse them.
- It is easy to switch between search engines.
- The search tool allows you to customize your search options.
- One way to find information about the issue is to perform a search on the given search engine.
- You’ll be able to reuse saved items in the future.
4. InstaKeywords: Free Keyword Research Tool
InstaKeywords is a keyword-finding tool that provides you with keyword suggestions for your content. It returns data like the number of searches in last month, local search volume, and competition score.
The background story given to us was about International travel being difficult because their children go with their parents. The input text begins first by
- You can export all your keywords by clicking one button.
- InstaKeywords is a web and mobile app that allows you to search for keywords on any device on the internet.
- Graphics does not support its layout.
- The tool provides keywords and statistics on a single page. The rest of the site is not necessary to explore, so you won’t need to refresh or navigate it.
- InstaKeywords can help you find keywords that are longer-term instead of focusing on short-term hype.
5. Google Trends: Free Keyword Research Tool
Google Trends is an online tool you can use to analyze the popularity of top search queries in Google. It provides graphs that compare the popularity of various keywords or query words. Regardless of what language or region they’re queried in.
- You can measure search trends for a day as well as in real-time.
- This app provides various categories for articles such as entertainment, sports, politics, and more.
- Google Trends offers yearly statistics.
- Knowing others’ interests helps you understand what keywords to use in your search and compare those keywords.
- This application detects topics based on the keyword you entered.
- It offers a drop-down menu to switch between popular and trending topics.
6. Keyword Tool Dominator: Free Longtail Keyword Research Tool
Keyword Tool Dominator is an application that enables s you to search longtail keywords your audience is searching for. This allows a tool to provide keyword tools for eBay, Amazon, etc., and gives users a list of more than a hundred keywords.
- It offers real-time keyword suggestions.
- You can find hundreds of keyword suggestions in a short amount of time.
- Keyword Tool Dominator enables you to search phrases from a single keyword.
- The internet is great at connecting to others, but it can also offer a glimpse into the seamy underbelly if you’re not careful.
- The search engine provides a listing of the result of what it thinks you are searching for.
- You can view the most popular search terms.
7. KeySearch: Free Keyword Research Tool
KeySearch is a program that helps you find low-competition keywords for your website or blog and also provides many opportunities to discover new phrases. Also, this tool provides keyword suggestions from Google, Amazon, and YouTube.
- The most you can find in the search is five keywords per day.
- Sitemap Generator offers a way to check the backlinks of your website.
- You can view your web page’s analytics.
- Access to this tool provides you to build active ranking reports and notifications.
- KeySearch has a tutorial that shows you how the app works.
- You can track the rank of your website at (insert site).
- The app compiles new data, so it’s always up to date.
8. WordStream: Free Keyword Research Tool
WordStream is a simple tool that enables you to research keywords by entering a keyword or website URL. It does so through the Google Keyword Research API. Too, the industry option allows you to filter your results.
- The system generated a result with a score and estimated CPC.
- You can download the list of keywords in comma-separated value (CSV) format.
- It can be used to upload a downloaded file into Google Ads.
- This tool helps you optimize your web pages to rank higher in the search results on relevant keywords.
- You can link your Google Ads account with an authentication protocol.
- WordStream has analyzed their data and found the top ten keywords.
- It provides a tool for getting ideas, including PPC (Pay Per Click) keyword, and longtail keywords (three and four keywords), etc.
9. Google Keyword Planner: Free Keyword Research Tool
Google Keyword Planner is a tool for building search network campaigns and finding competitive bids and budgets. It offers keyword ideas as well as website traffic forecasts.
- It is possible to search for particular phrases, depending on the service, product, or website.
- It provides statistics that can be used to decide which keywords should be used for existing or new campaigns.
- The Add Text button allows you to add words and phrases or enter a webpage URL.
- The Google keyword planner offers a list of average monthly searches.
- It will enable you to see visualizations for platforms, locations, and search volume trends.
- This tool can help you find ideas online.
10. Keyword Shitter: Free Keyword Research Tool
Keyword Shitter allows one generates a query about the medium/longtail keywords. This tool is free and does not need any sign-in or download.
- It offers ideas for your blogs or articles.
- You can import a list of keywords in bulk.
- Paste keywords or upload a CSV file and use the keyword extractor to create your YouTube Ad-copy today.
- The software program examines keywords for competition analysis.
- You can find the competitor’s websites for further research.
- A variety of information about the page is available through this API.
11. Keyword wonderer: Free Keyword Research Tools
Keyword Wonderer is a tool that helps you find keywords from your competitors. Also, more related hashtags for use in content marketing. This application will help you organize a list of keywords to use for an AdWords campaign or PPC.
- The keywords you enter can be combined in three ways: broad match, phrase match, and an exact match.
- The heart of a startup is how it generates meaningful keywords for SEO and PPC.
- This tool checks for all possible keyword combinations by performing a single search.
What to look for in great free keyword research tools?
Finding the right keyword research tool can be tedious and time-consuming. Luckily, there are many free tools available to help make this process less daunting! What should you look for in a great free key word research software?
The first thing an effective search engine needs is relevance – does it produce data that matches or satisfies your desired intent?
Second, accuracy of results means will these keywords lead users to what they want directly from Google’s searches without any unnecessary distractions such as popups and ads?
Finally industry experts recommend looking at how easy it is use the program: if complicated then requires more effort than necessary; simple equals quick decision making with little effort on your part.
The three criteria listed above are all important when searching around for different free keyword research tools.
The free tools should preferably have these four additional commercial options available.
|Discovery||Your keyword research should never be done without imagination and creativity. Find the best keywords by researching popular searches, looking for trends in your industry, brainstorming with others in marketing departments or teams – anything to find out what people are searching for daily.
Some tools provide insight into this process by introducing extra layers of information that you may have otherwise missed.
|Metrics||There are many considerations other than the right keywords when it comes to ranking in search engine optimization. These include: how informative your content is for different users, what types of links you have pointing back to your site from other sites that rank well themselves, and more!
These free tools often impose limits and reserve any data gathered for a paid version.
|Keyword difficulty||The competition is high for keywords these days because many websites are trying to rank, but worry not! You can rank your site by providing informative content.
The competitive nature of the internet has become more complex with all the competing sites and factors that need to be considered when ranking a keyword. Yet, you have an advantage over other companies if you provide helpful information on what they are looking for to make their decision about which company or service will best meet their needs
|Diversity and geography||It is much easier for a tool to provide the best English language keywords for the United States market from sources with high search volume, such as Google and Bing. Plugging into sources like Amazon, YouTube, and international sites where users are more likely to be looking up information on your product or service – Yandex in Russia or Baidu in China.|
What are the problems associated with free keyword research tools?
The main challenge with free keyword research tools are that they’re limited in functionality.
- You may not be able to export the keywords as a csv file.
- You may also be limited in the amount of searches that you can do.
- However, they are a good starting point when doing initial keyword research.
Free keyword research tools are perfect for the novice webmaster who is just getting started.
These generators and tools allow beginners to conduct quick searches, generate lists of keywords based on their website’s niche topic, pay nothing or a small fee per month in order to use them-though it can be difficult if you’re not knowledgeable about SEO techniques (e.g., how many times certain words should appear).
If you are looking for free keyword research tools, we have a few suggestions.
SEMrush is an excellent option if your goal is to find the best keywords to rank on search engine pages or get more visitors from Google.
Another great free resource that can help with this process is AdWords’ Keyword Tool which provides information about keyword traffic and the feasibility of advertising campaigns based on what people are searching for online.
Finally, we would like to recommend using UberSuggest.
It combines two essential functions: a list of longtail keywords generated by analyzing all related words in existing content online and providing ideas for new topics through auto-completing queries.
For example, “marketing” will bring up top results.
Are there free keyword research tools?
You can use the free keyword finder tool to develop new keyword ideas, including Google Ads (AdWords) keywords – look for popular and niche keywords for your ad campaign in AdWords. Keywords for websites – find the best keywords that are high-volume and not too competitive to target your website.
Which are the best keyword research tools you can use?
A list of the eight best keyword research tools
- With Wordstream’s Keyword Tool,
- Competitor Source Code
- Search Term/Query Reports
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Ads Display Planner
How do I do keyword research for free?
Answer the Public is a free tool that populates searched questions related to your search term. Use this in tandem with SpyFu’s Keyword Research Tool, which provides data on competitors’ keyword searches and allows you to focus on your research by the search volume.
How can one choose keywords?
Five ways to choose the right keywords
- Imagine you are a customer looking for this business. Create your list of keywords based on what someone else might type into Google, not on your company name or internal jargon.
- Research your competitors.
- Keyword research is an essential step to driving qualified traffic from search engines.
- Use keyword research tools.
- Analyzing the results.
Can I use a keyword planner for free?
Keyword Planner helps you perform research into what keywords are likely to be able to convert searchers. Keyword Planner is one of Google’s accessible tools and can give you information about how many searches per month the keyword receives, as well as the cost in clicks or impressions with each bid for those keywords.
How can I check keyword difficulty for free?
Using Ahrefs’ Keyword Difficulty metric can help you crack the top 10 search results.
- The most common tools are Site Explorer and Keyword Explorer.
- Tools. Domain Comparison. Batch Analysis.
- These features include: Backlink Checker Try for free. Broken Link Checker Try for free.
- The Bing Keyword ToolTry to be a valuable resource for finding keywords. This tool can provide insight through keyword suggestions and analysis of the competition. The SERP CheckerTry SEO Checker shows you how your web page ranks in Google, Yahoo!, and Bing or on each of their related popular searches.
Is there any SEO tool as good as Google keyword planner?
Ahrefs. Ahrefs’ paid tool provides keyword ideas as well as search volume for all match types. It also has a keyword difficulty score metric that was more accurate than other tools that offer a similar feature in head-to-head testing.
Is Google Keyword Planner accurate?
It’s worth noting that the Keyword Planner was never as accurate as it seemed. The numbers are rounded up to the nearest thousand and estimates rather than precise figures. Nevertheless, it helps gain a sense of how competitive specific keywords are and guiding your keyword strategy.